Out of job/work? Do not have enough money to start a new business? Looking forward to an opportunity to knock the door of fate? Do not have adequate latest technology equipment? Gone are the days when people used to declaim such things. The world is getting smarter and touching the heights of success with just one little piece of tech in the grasp of their palm called “SMARTPHONE”. It might be surprising for you but it’s the utter reality that you can actually start and run a business from your Smartphone without expensive equipment, from your home. There are many millionaires around the world who have kick-started their career with a business that had seeded and flourished from their phone.
Update: ZeroWaste is now InstaCash
All you need is a Smartphone with a right idea; right tools and a strong determination and you will be all set to start your own business without spending tons over costly gadgets. So are you ready to hear the jingling of auxiliary coins in your pocket? Here are five business ideas that you can start just using a Smartphone:
1) Social Media Marketing: Social media has been evolving at a fast pace and with the increasing rate and popularity of various social media platform; the audience is more diverse and fragmented. Brands have started considering social media an important medium of marketing.
Therefore social media marketing has become an essential part of every brand and a potential field for employment. Many companies have their own social media marketing team but many prefer to get it done by freelancers. So if you have a good knowledge of social media marketing, you can work as freelance social media marketing specialist with just a Smartphone which everyone has these days. Also, you need a few apps/tools that can help you make your work easy and accessible like Buffer, Hootsuite, Google analytics, Facebook advert, and of course social media apps where you want to do marketing.
Also Read: 9 must have social networking apps
2) mCommerce Seller: Nowadays more and more people prefer to shop from online stores and sellers. You can set up your own mobile shop and start a business right from your Smartphone and also by doing social media marketing of it you can gain more popularity among potential customers. Or you can also sell your product through apps of popular retail sites like eBay, Flipkart, Amazon etc.
3) Consultant and Life Coach: If you have expertise in any particular area then you can work as a consultant and a life coach and share your expert advice with your clients through emails, calls and video conferences. You can even make your social profile and a website to offer your services to the people.
4) Videographer: rapid and advanced technology improvements in Smartphone industry have made everything possible for us. You no longer need swanky cameras and hi-tech expensive equipment to make and edit a video. Today’s Smartphone cameras give you such fine HD quality result. Just download editing apps onto your Smartphone and create your own videos stories, share them on different media channels and earn like anything. You can even offer your expertise to your clients.
Also Read: Best camera phones of 2016–17
5) Writer: If you have an urge for writing then blogging is a right career to opt for. Many major blogging platforms like WordPress, Tumblr, and Medium also have their apps where you can write your own blog and post there. Or you can also work as a freelance writer and write content for clients as per their requirement.
The fact that screen sizes have become smaller plays a vital role in revolutionizing today’s work style and has opened the door of uncountable opportunities of employment. If you have the talent and a business plan, then no matter whether you have bags full of money to spend on or not, still you can establish your own good business.
Note: This post was originally published in May 2017 and has been completely revamped and updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.