How to hide apps on Android devices
While you can always lock apps on Android, people will still see the app, and as we all know, the world can judge fairly. So, if you were thinking of ways to hide apps on Android, we have some good news for you. Here are many ways to hide apps on Android devices. Over time, Android skins are shipped with the traditional ability to hide apps. You do not need root or you must disable apps to hide your important apps on Android. Here, we have mentioned the traditional methods where it works and the standard method for all Android devices. You can follow the steps from the link below.
Remove apps from App Drawer
- Hide Apps on OnePlus Android Devices
- Swipe up from the home screen to open the start menu. Now, swipe right and open “Hidden Space”. Here, press the “+” button.
- Now, select the apps you want to hide on your Android device. You can also tap on the 3-dot menu and enable a password to access hidden applications.
- Hiding Applications on Xiaomi Devices
- Select settings and move to Apps -> App Lock.
- Next, swipe left and go to the “Hidden Apps” section at the top. Here, enable the conversion of apps you want to hide. That’s all.
- Hide apps on Realme Android devices
- Go to settings and move to Privacy -> App Lock.
- Now set a passcode if you have not already done so.
- Now, tap on the app you want to hide (I hide the photo app for this example) and enable password verification conversion. Once you’ve done that, the option to hide the home screen icon will display itself. Just enable the switch and you will be done.
- Hide Applications on Samsung Devices
- Swipe up to open the App Drawer and tap on the three dot menu in the top right corner. Here, open the home screen settings.
- Navigate to the “Hide app” menu. Here, select the applications you want to hide and tap “Done”. You’re done.
- Hiding applications on any Android Device (Stock Android, Motorola, Asus, Pixel, LG)
If you do not have the traditional feature of hiding apps on your Android device you will have to use a third-party launcher. Here, we will show you how to hide apps using Lawnchair. That said, remember, it is not a fire solution as anyone can install an app in the Google Play Store app. So to fully monitor hidden apps, you should also use App Locker on your Android device. Having said all that, let’s go step by step.
- First, download Lawnchair (Free) and install it on your Android device.
- Tap and hold on the Home screen and go to “Home Settings”. Now, go to the “Drawer” section.
- Here, tap “Hidden Application Shortcuts” and select the applications you want to hide. Soon, those selected apps will be hidden from your Android device. That’s pretty easy, isn’t it?
You must be logged in to post a comment.